Follow the steps below whenever your company changes its legal name. This is typically done by your Administrator(s) since this role can log a ticket with Wurk Support.
Company Name changes can have an impact on taxes. Business owners and other authorized individuals can submit a name change for their business to the IRS. The specific action required may vary depending on the type of business. For additional information, please visit this site.
If you do not complete this request with Wurk, your information will no longer match federal and state records and could cause tax filing discrepancies and compliance issues, or cause checks or W2s to be shipped to the wrong locations .
1. Open the Company Name Change Form (PDF) and save it to your computer or tablet.
2. Fill out the form (in Acrobat) and save again.
3. Email the form, plus the documents listed above, to Wurk Support: firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. In the email, use the subject line, "[Your Company] — Name Change". Use the name you already have registered with Wurk.
5. A member of our Compliance and/or Tax team will follow up with you.