Changing Base Comp
- Navigate to the Employee Payroll tab
- Click add under the Base Compensation widget
- Using the Add function will allow for tracking of historical base comp
After clicking on Add, the following dialog box will open
- Effective From: Enter effective date of base comp change
- Reason Code: Select appropriate code for the base comp change
- Amount: Enter the hourly amount for hourly; for salary you can enter either the annual amount or pay period amount
- Per: Select Hour, Year, or Pay Period
- Hours: 2080 are standard hours to use for a full-time employee, this will not calculate for hourly employees
- PP in Year: Defaults to the number of pay periods according to your pay period frequency, in the above example, the pay period is weekly
- Amount Earning Autopay: If the employee is Salary, select Salary, if the employee is hourly, leave blank
- Autopay Type: Best practice is to always use Both. This option will allow hours to be tracked for salary employees, which will flow into reports in Wurk
If the employee is changing from hourly to salary, profile updates are required. It is recommended that a change from Hourly to Salary or Salary to Hourly be effective at the beginning of the punch date for the pay period.
Navigate to the Employee Setup tab, and update the following profiles:
For the Pay Calculation, click on + ADD, select the new pay calc, and enter the effective date of the change
For the Pay Prep click on + ADD, select the new pay calc, and enter the effective date of the change
There may be times when a pay change occurs in the middle of a pay period, or a salary employee is hired within the pay period. When that occurs, a few more actions will be required.
Navigate to the Employee Payroll tab
Under the Autopay Schedule, click on the … under actions, and select Monday – Friday, 8 hours per day. The effective from date must remain 12/31/1900
Navigate to the Base Compensation widget and you will see this message:
Click on Reapply Rates, and the following dialog box will open:
In the From field, enter or look up the first punch date of the current pay period and click on OK.
Please note that the system cannot prorate for past pay periods. Situations as such will need to be calculated and manually entered in a pay statement.