These instructions guide you in troubleshooting problems with adding new Wurk users, on systems upgraded to the latest Wurk release. These instructions call for Administrator permissions.
The final step for new hires in Wurk requires that their login request be approved within 72 hours. If an employee attempted to log in and could not proceed, this may be the problem.
During the process of hiring an employee, you may experience the following issues:
- The employee does not receive the initial email notification to log into Wurk
- Notifications not sent to approve employees’ requests for time off, timesheets, or first log in.
- Employees locked out 72 hours after the first attempt to log in.
Checking New Hire Notifications and Email Filters
1. Check that your notifications for new hires are set up and active (under Admin Settings). For example, make sure you have enabled the ACCOUNT Created notification. This automatically notifies new hires with a link to Wurk and guidance on the initial username and password to enter.
Warning: If you de-activate this notification, you must create and activate your own, or new hires will not receive messages about Wurk. Additionally, it is possible that other users in your system may have de-activated it in the past, so we recommend that you check that it is turned on going forward.
If your company has purchased SMS Integration With Twilio, you can also send the message by text. This is especially helpful if you are encouraging your workforce to use the WurkMobile App, HCM ToGo.
2. Confirm that the employees' email addresses are correct in the system (work versus personal).
3. Re-send the employee Account Created email (under Team>My Team>Employee Information) as shown below.
4. Suggest to the employees that they check spam or junk mail and print out the Logging Into Wurk Cheatsheet. If this does not work, using a different method than email, give the employees the login link and login credentials, plus the link to Logging In.
If the issue is with your company email system, you or your IT department should consider applying white list groups for email domains and IP addresses to allow employees to receive emails from Wurk. This includes all “From” addresses in the Global Notifications and all Generate E-mail Workflow steps:
Preventing and Resolving Locked Accounts
Approve First-Time Log-Ins Within 72 Hours
5. In your My To Do items, look for Virtual Code: Account Approval items waiting to be approved, like the example below.
You can filter for To Do Type “like” Virtual.
8. Once you APPROVE these, the employees can log into Wurk.
6. Navigate to Admin Settings>Mass Edit>Mass Edit Profiles.
7. Follow the steps shown below.
For further assistance, submit specific errors to firstname.lastname@example.org with screenshots and example employees.