Wurk provides many standard reports for all kinds of users and business needs. This topic guides you in getting familiar with these reports within the context of a specific payroll run, so you can customize them for yourself and share them with other people.
Payroll Reports Overview
To get familiar with the standard reports for payroll, you can start by navigating to and exploring the following reports.
- Pay Statement History Report (directly from the Payroll Reports menu): shows all pay statements for your company.
- General Ledger (Summary) Report provides the general ledger account number for which dollars are assigned. This report allows you to pull details into it down to the employee level. The number of rows in this report will expand or collapse based on the columns that are added or removed from this report.
- Payroll Funding Report (under Payroll Funding) shows all payment types and amounts for payroll including service provider debits. For Multi EIN companies, use the Company EIN drop-down on the Global filter to see this report for each EIN.
- Payroll Payments Report (under Payroll Funding) displays all payments made that are related to payroll, i.e., checks, direct deposits, vendor payments. This report is often used to configure a positive pay file when needed.
- Labor Distribution Report: shows work hours by pay statement, i.e. dollars spent per account and can be filtered down to the employee level.
- Earning/Deduction/Tax Listing Report: shows earnings, deductions and taxes paid per employee.
- Pay Statement History: similar to the above report, but displays info by employee horizontally for each pay statement so you can see earnings, deductions, and taxes per paycheck.
- Tax Wage Details Report (under Taxes): shows employee and employer taxes and tax details. It can be processed for each payroll or for a specific period for one or all employees.
- Adjustments/Arrearages Report (under Payroll Funding): shows employee adjustments and arrearages as they relate to deductions.
- Pay Statement (Summary) Report shows you a summary of each employee's pay statement (click the Preview icon to see in more detail).
- Pay Statement Detail Report (under Payroll Register): shows a standard pay register by pay statement.
1. Navigate to Team > Payroll > Process Payroll
2. Open a Payroll run and scroll down under the View Payroll step; this shows you payroll reports within the context of a specific payroll run):
3. Click the Master Data Change Report; this report shows changes per employee between the last pay statement and the current one.
4. Click the PAYROLL QUICK LINKS button in the upper right.
5. Click the CheckPayrollTotals report.
This report shows totals for each Earning/Deduction (used to see if anything stands out), but this report is not the best report to review for these totals because the report only shows the gross amounts. Additionally, if your list of employees exceeds 50, we recommend that you export the report to PDF so you can see all employees more easily.
6. From the PAYROLL QUICK LINKS menu, open the Payroll Register (By PST) report.
8. From the PAYROLL QUICK LINKS menu, open the Payroll Recap & Funding report.
This report shows you all payroll payments and funding sources to give an overview of a payroll run: the taxes, live checks, direct deposits, Vendor liabilities, and your Wurk Invoice (example below) paid for this run.
Information in this report varies depending on the payroll processing status. All sections of the report update prior to completion of the Finalize step for a payroll. The report displays the same information for all statuses of payroll including open, closed, submitted, and finalized. This allows you to view the funding portion of the report to determine the total cash requirements for the payroll, regardless of whether the payroll is initialized, closed, submitted, and/or finalized.
Before a payroll is closed, invoice information will not be available on the Payroll Recap & Funding report.
After payroll is closed, and prior to payroll finalization, invoice information can be seen in the Billing section of the Payroll Recap & Funding report.
After payroll finalization, invoice information can be seen in the Billing and Recap sections of the Payroll Recap & Funding report. Tax liabilities may also show in the report after payroll is closed, submitted, or finalized.
9. Now that you are familiar with these reports, you can move on to working with them to customize them for your use and share them with others.